Nietzsche: "Only thoughts which come from walking have any value"....pity he wasn't a runner.

....I am interested in philosophy, running, politics, the philosophy and politics of running, the philosophy of politics and the politics of philosophy. Expect no coherence of theme on here....

Saturday 20 March 2010

Scruton on the virtues of drink...

A tricky one this. I've been invited by Continuum Books to review Roger Scruton's I Drink Therefore I Am for my blog on The Philosophy Magazine Online. How to do this effectively as an "enforced teetotaller"?

On second thoughts there might not be a problem. One of Scruton's theses is that you can visit a place non-geographically but "in the glass". If you can visit a place without travelling there then presumably you can review a book on wine withouit drinking??

Also: I once taught a fairly successful course on the philosophy of humour despite not having a sense of humour of my own.

So no problem. I'll crack on with the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment